Sunday, October 19, 2008

How to stay zealous

Before you read this blog post, read the previous one. This is an extension of that one.

With the previous post in mind, I remembered a particularily important verse that I was alerted to some years ago in a sermon about how to stay zealous. I wanted to remain zealous for the remainder of my life and here was a verse that told you precisely how to do it. It was so meaningful to me that I folded the page in my Bible so I would forever be able to flip right to it. So I wrote on the top of the page "how to Stay Zealous" and it was so important that I even put the date and the time. May 26. 6:00 PM Don't know why I didn't put the year down. But it was 2003.

Here is the verse:
Isaiah 33:15-16 (KJV)
15
He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly;
he that despiseth the gain of oppressions,
that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes,
that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood,
and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

16He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.


In short, keep focused and stay away from temptation. Keep your eyes on the prize (Heaven) and don't let anything divert your attention from that prize.


I remember that being a great sermon as well.

No comments: