Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dance mimics life

I like to say that dance mimics life. That dance is the best metaphor for romantic relationships.

I wrote in my salsa blog that a man's job is to make it possible for a woman to do things that she can't do on her own.

I was going to say the same thing about life and relationships. There is some truth that we are both more capable by working together. But is it biblical to say that a man's job (in life) is to make it possible for a woman to do things that she couldn't do on her own? I'm remembering one of the earliest parts of the Bible. "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helpmeet for him." So, this begs the question, are men meant to help women, or are women meant to help men? Or both? They say that behind a great man is a great woman. But do they say the same thing about great women? Is this an antiquated notion these days? We seem to be so independent these days.

No comments: